Textbook Price Match: Shop with Confidence
We work hard to find ways for UBC students to save money. If you find any new textbook for less online from another Canadian ecommerce website, we will match the price, plus give you 10% of the difference.
How it Works
- Purchase your textbooks from the University of British Columbia Bookstore in order to participate.
- Fill in a Textbook Price Match form.
- Print the item page on the competitor’s website.*
- Bring the completed form, printed verification* of the lower price, original register reciept and your UBCcard to the Bookstore refunds / customer service counter. We will verify the alternate selling price as quickly and efficiently as possible, howeer, you may need to return to the store at another time to receive your refund.**
- All funds from the price match will be conveniently refunded to your original form of payment
*Verification provided will need to show the time, date, competitor name / website url, new book price, and availability.
**For price verifications during the time period around the start of classes, a grace period of two weeks will apply. During other less busy times, a grace period of 72 hours may apply.
The textbooks must be identical (same ISBC and edition) and in new condition only. Prices for comparison will include shipping / handling. Online sites must be located in Canada, and exludes peer-to-peer, auction, flea markets, garage sales, and marketplace sites. Does not apply to special offers or promotions, including mail-in offers, rebates, free-with-purchase offers, membership group or club pricing, limited quantity offers, bundled promotions, typographical errors, coupons, or special financing.
Price match applies only to new textbooks and does not include rentail textbooks, used textbooks, course packs, custom publications, digital versions, international and instructor editions or materials other than new textbooks. Textbooks must be for current semester, and there is a limit of one refund guarantee per customer, per title. Price matching must be completed before the refund deadline for your purchase and is available in store only. Online quotes must be from a business, not an individual, and be in-stock and receivable within 7 days.
The UBC Bookstore reserves the right to refuse a price match guarantee. The details of this program may be subject to change.
Download Textbook Price Match Form